HTC 10 set to be revealed at April 12 event

midian182

Staff member

HTC went against tradition this year by not unveiling its latest flagship smartphone at MWC. The Taiwanese company preferred to focus on the Vive during the Barcelona-based conference and didn’t want the attention taken away from the HTC 10 by the likes of Samsung’s S7 and LG’s G5. Now, it’s been confirmed that the smartphone will be revealed at an online launch event on April 12.

HTC sent out a teaser for its upcoming device last month. While this ad didn’t show much of the phone, it did include the hashtag #powerof10. The company released another image last week, this one showing two camera lenses, likely to be the dual cameras on the back of the HTC 10, along with the words: “World First, World Class, Front and Back. You'll see.”

It was originally thought that the smartphone would use the same nomenclature as HTC’s previous devices and be called the HTC One M10, but it seems that the company has decided to go with the snappier HTC 10.

Rumors say that we can expect to see the same high-end features in the Marshmallow 6.0-powered HTC 10 that are found in a lot of today’s flagship smartphones: Snapdragon 820 SoC, 4GB of RAM, fingerprint scanner, QHD resolution, 32GB or 64GB of storage, microSD slot, and a USB type-C connector. The display is said to be slightly smaller than most, measuring 5.15 inches.

While it does boast some impressive hardware, the HTC 10 will need something special to make it stand out in the high-end smartphone market. HTC thinks that its flagship device’s camera could be its killer feature, which the company has described as “very, very compelling.” It’s rumored to use a 12-megapixel UltraPixel 2 sensor, laser autofocus and an optically stabilized f/1.8 lens.

HTC’s event starts 8 AM Eastern Daylight Time and can be viewed at HTC.com.

Permalink to story.

I wonder if they realise that April 12 was the day the Titanic struck the iceberg and we all know what happened next. I hope HTC doesn't follow suit and sink into the fathoms.

Actually, RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning of 15 April 1912, perhaps you had the year and day of month reversed.

It was the day Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human to travel into outer space, so I would think it to be a good day, not a bad one..

Actually, RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning of 15 April 1912, perhaps you had the year and day of month reversed.

It was the day Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human to travel into outer space, so I would think it to be a good day, not a bad one..
You're right. It hit the berg on the 14th then sunk on the 15th. I didn't have to Google the date either, I have so many birthdays around that time that I was getting my dates mixed up.

Back