TechSpot

HTC announces timeframe for unlocked bootloader updates

By Jos
Jul 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Keeping up with their promise to make smartphones more root-friendly, HTC has now provided a general timeframe for bringing bootloader unlocking to its newest Android phones. Apparently the process will…

Read the whole story

2. chaboi390

chaboi390 TS Rookie Posts: 83

Wow, that was unexpected. Most Companies won't think twice of their decision. That's really cool HTC !

3. Inarius03

Inarius03 TS Member Posts: 25

Basic business tip: give the people what they want, and they will buy it. Excellent move, HTC.

4. bimboy56

bimboy56 TS Rookie

Another reason why I want to go HTC. just fearing the qHD compatibility :S

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,128   +731

Call me a noob, but this means my HTC sprint phone can be made to work on a Verizon network or or AT&T if I want to change cell providers, right? I just hope 'other devices' includes my EVO.

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

not really buddy.
    Verizon uses CDMA technology and AT&T uses GSM - - incompatible devices.
    Rumor on the street is Verizon will soon support a branded iPhone that has both - -

7. Already happened my uncle had at&t before he switched to Verizon he just called them up and they sent him a sim card to use with Verizon

8. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

can you identify the make/model of his phone?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.