TechSpot

HTC Droid DNA packs 1080p display, costs $199 on Verizon

By Jos
Nov 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. HTC is looking to regain some lost ground in the U.S. smartphone market this holiday season with the release of a seriously spec'd up device on the nation's largest carrier. Announced in a joint press event this morning, the Droid...

Read more

2. I wasn't expecting to see my Lumia 920's display beaten so quickly after launch. I just got the thing on friday

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

That thing looks absolutely stunning. On paper, and in picture. 5inches is pretty good too, considering the very minimal bezels.

4. I wouldnt buy this alone because of the beats-crap logo on the back :)

5. Because your going to be looking at the back that much...

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,371   +289

I do agree that the beats logo is a huge turnoff - I'd have to put a case on that thing right away.

7. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 925   +247

I like it! It's definitely a little quicker/nicer then my Droid 4 which has a 1.2Ghz dual core/1GB RAM/16GB storage/edge-lit full keyboard and runs gingerbread. The 1080p display is nice, my 4" 960 x 540 qHD leaves a little to be desired...would it have killed them to make it 1366 X 768 (720p)?
    Anyways, should be interesting to see the Droid 5 talk now....
    People saying 1080p is too much should go buy new composite cables for their VCR as well.

8. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 411   +79

No micro SD option?? Muy Malo!

9. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 422   +42

Please use this exact same phone and put windows phone 8 on it. IMO, the windows 8 phone options are way too few and far between. Btw, Guest with the Lumia, how are you finding the phone? Is it really unbearably heavy?

Burty117 likes this.
  10. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

Like I've said before, I don't need more PPI and resolution. I need better batteries and more power efficient components for a longer time between having to find a power socket. All this resolution bumping is just one up manship between Apple and other phone makers.

Burty117 likes this.
  11. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 422   +42

Agree fully. 1080p on a smarthone is overkill IMO.

Burty117 likes this.

12. jizzyburnizzy

jizzyburnizzy TS Rookie Posts: 46