TechSpot

HTC One M8 for Windows launches on Verizon for $99 on-contract

By Jos
Aug 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As expected, one of the most well-received Android phones of the year is making the move to a rival platform. This morning HTC officially announced that the One M8 is getting a Windows Phone twin brother, and the device is...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,490   +2,040

$2400 for a 2 year contract for a $600 blower?!!! I personally think that anybody who buys into a contract with no employer/company subsidy just to have a high end phone needs to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

3. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

I bet this runs rings around its' Android cousin in battery life and speed

4. Tom Geml

Tom Geml TS Rookie

I'm pretty sure the Phone itself is 99$ upfront with a 2 year contract, not 99$ a month for the contract itself. So it would be 99$ + your monthly bill.

5. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

Red87 likes this.
  6. Red87

Red87 TS Rookie Posts: 23

Oh wow, I'd heard it was going to be Verizon exlusive. If it's going to AT&T that makes me happy. I'll be moving to the US from Europe in a couple months and already have a US Nexus 5 that making me consider only AT&T and T-Mo, but the One M8 Windows Phone had me tempted to go back to Verizon as I'm a pretty big WP fan ever since I had my Lumia 920. Really looking forward to this phone.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,490   +2,040

You could be right. We work a little differently here to those in the states. If that's the case then things are not as bad as I said.