TechSpot

HTC reportedly working on a new One with bigger screen, better camera

By Shawn Knight
Jan 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. HTC is reportedly working on a new version of its flagship smartphone that could debut as early as March. The phone will retain the same overall design but will include a larger screen and improved internal hardware according to a...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,473   +963

I feel like the "Ultra Pixels" throw people off since the number is less than that of other phones like the iPhone 5S.

3. Gaara

Gaara TS Rookie Posts: 87   +21

Dont give me bigger screen, Give me better Battery!! that last me for all day / 24 HOURS

MilwaukeeMike likes this.
  4. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 193   +26

Another phone that cost $700.00 dollars or more. This stuff is getting kinda boring. These companies need to make phones for 200 to 300 bucks that people wnatto buy. I am done buying expensive phones and paying for insurance on them.

5. bexwhitt

bexwhitt TS Enthusiast Posts: 265   +39

get a moto g then but not the 8gb, it's good enough and the battery life is good also

6. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 948   +258

Buy a Blackberry Z30 if you want battery that last all day =)

7. Dont give me bigger screen, Give me better Battery!! that last me for all day / 24 HOURS

Sounds like you need to learn how to manage your battery better as my ONE lasts almost 2 days with moderate usage. Average 3 hours of calls a day & numerous txt messages & emails.

8. Gaara it is possible to have an all day battery and a nice screen.. My Note 3 lasts 2 days and is 5.7" 1080P.. Not to mention 2.3GHz quad core.

9. I'll choose this.. I prefer this than the upcoming galaxy S5 that reach $1000 with metal variant

10. "Dont give me bigger screen, Give me better Battery!! that last me for all day / 24 HOURS"

buy a power bank..

11. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,636   +1,031

I'm crossing my fingers that's a side effect of the snapdragon 800 and 805. The LG G2 has great battery life despite the giant screen and it has an 800 in it. Maybe with a larger phone they'll be more room for a bigger battery too. I have a One and the battery is my only complaint.

The rumors I read said it wouldn't have an 805, just the 800, and that it would be called the One+. It's called the M8 right now if you want to google 'leaked' pictures.