HTC reportedly working on a new One with bigger screen, better camera

Shawn Knight

Staff member

htc nsa

HTC is reportedly working on a new version of its flagship smartphone that could debut as early as March. The phone will retain the same overall design but will include a larger screen and improved internal hardware according to a source familiar with the project as reported by Bloomberg.

We’re hearing that the new One will include a twin-sensor rear camera designed to improve focus and image quality. Although unconfirmed, it’s worth pointing out that Toshiba recently announced a two-sensor camera module for smartphones that allows users to refocus images after the fact. It’s said to be similar in function to Lytro’s light field camera.

Elsewhere, the screen size will be at least five inches which is a bit larger than the 4.7-inch display on the current phone but a great deal smaller than the HTC One Max at 5.9 inches. Previous rumors have suggested the phone will include a Snapdragon 805 processor.

The publication points out that HTC will continue to use the same One moniker, much like Apple has done with the iPad over the years. That makes sense as the One has a solid reputation and there’s no reason not to leverage the brand moving forward.

The timing of the launch also makes sense as the first generation unit dropped just ahead of Mobile World Congress last February. We’ll keep our eyes peeled over the coming months for the new One announcement as well as any other major handsets from other manufacturers.

Permalink to story.

I feel like the "Ultra Pixels" throw people off since the number is less than that of other phones like the iPhone 5S.

Another phone that cost $700.00 dollars or more. This stuff is getting kinda boring. These companies need to make phones for 200 to 300 bucks that people wnatto buy. I am done buying expensive phones and paying for insurance on them.

Another phone that cost $700.00 dollars or more. This stuff is getting kinda boring. These companies need to make phones for 200 to 300 bucks that people wnatto buy. I am done buying expensive phones and paying for insurance on them.
get a moto g then but not the 8gb, it's good enough and the battery life is good also

Dont give me bigger screen, Give me better Battery!! that last me for all day / 24 HOURS

Sounds like you need to learn how to manage your battery better as my ONE lasts almost 2 days with moderate usage. Average 3 hours of calls a day & numerous txt messages & emails.

Gaara it is possible to have an all day battery and a nice screen.. My Note 3 lasts 2 days and is 5.7" 1080P.. Not to mention 2.3GHz quad core.

I'll choose this.. I prefer this than the upcoming galaxy S5 that reach $1000 with metal variant

"Dont give me bigger screen, Give me better Battery!! that last me for all day / 24 HOURS"

buy a power bank..

Dont give me bigger screen, Give me better Battery!! that last me for all day / 24 HOURS

I'm crossing my fingers that's a side effect of the snapdragon 800 and 805. The LG G2 has great battery life despite the giant screen and it has an 800 in it. Maybe with a larger phone they'll be more room for a bigger battery too. I have a One and the battery is my only complaint.

The rumors I read said it wouldn't have an 805, just the 800, and that it would be called the One+. It's called the M8 right now if you want to google 'leaked' pictures.

Back