TechSpot

HTC rumored to be building a 9-inch Nexus tablet powered by Nvidia's Tegra K1

By Shawn Knight
Jun 23, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The next Nexus tablet is reportedly in development and if the rumored specs that surfaced over the weekend prove accurate, it'll be one impressive piece of hardware. The device, possibly the last in the Nexus line before Google unveils Android...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

About time HTC made a tablet... I wouldn't be surprised if stereo front facing speakers became the norm after this thing comes out. They're really nice on their phones.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,421

It won't make a competition to Galaxy Tab S 8.4, especially when it comes to the screen, which is 281 vs 350 PPI, makes a big difference, while they cost the same.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,549   +852

there are many, many, many, more factors than pixel density. And you might be right, im too lazy to compare specs and don't know/care about tablets enough to know more, but simply referencing pixel density isn't much of an argument.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

I don't how much of a difference the difference pixel count will make, to me they're as close as dammit...

ikesmasher likes this.
  6. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,421

Not till you've held them side by side. The higher sharpness on Samsung is quite visible. And you do not need to differentiate individual pixels to tell it.

7. ChuckyDhaBeast

ChuckyDhaBeast TS Enthusiast Posts: 35   +13

2,048 x 1,440 (281 pixels per inch)????

What kind of resolution is that...
    Come on, make it 2560*1600 or I'm not even close to being interested.

8. soulsassassin

soulsassassin TS Booster Posts: 69   +14

A screen with 2560*1600 res usually comes with a 16:10 aspect ration I would prefer a 16:9 with a 1440p , perfect for watching

9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,548   +2,894

Oh the need for unnecessary pixel density!

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.