HTC Sensation 4G to be released on 6/8

Emil

The recently announced HTC Sensation doesn't yet have a release date though we know it's coming to T-Mobile this summer, but a little snooping has suggested that it could be 6/8. The number is present in two very interesting places, according to TmoNews.

The first is on Google. If you search for the HTC Sensation, you'll get a Google Ad at the top from HTC itself which distinctly says "On 6/8." Furthermore, the HTC Sensation press picture clearly has the weather widget set to say "68°" and "Wed, Jun 8." Coincidence? We think not.

Timing rumors for the device, which was previously known under the codename HTC Pyramid, have said June for a while, though it was never clear if this was for North America or for Europe. This distinction is important because 6/8 can either mean June 8, 2011 or August 6, 2011, depending on where you live. Regardless of where the device will launch though, we're leaning towards June 8, 2011 just because the screenshot of the device clearly says so.

The HTC Sensation features a 4.3-inch qHD display (540 x 960 resolution), a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 1GB of internal storage, 768MB of RAM, an 8MP rear lens with dual LED flash capable of 30FPS recording at max 1080p resolution with full stereo sound. The HSPA+ device can push download rates to a maximum of 14.4Mbps.

On the software side, it is powered by Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread) with Sense 3.0. The new version of HTC Sense adds a customizable active lockscreen (real-time information and content, such as social, photos, weather, or stock updates), 3D transitions, and an improved weather app. HTC Watch, meanwhile, is a service for downloading DVD-quality movies, introduced with the company's Flyer tablet. HTC Watch uses progressive download technology so that you can watch videos without waiting for a huge file to finish downloading. You can rent or buy videos, and if purchased, watch them on up to five different HTC devices.

Permalink to story.

Historically speaking, has the data in the HTC phone gallery meant anything? As I look at other HTC phones, I find the date appears to be somewhat random. Perhaps other phones from HTC's gallery and their known release dates can be matched? If that is possible, this might very well be true!

If it weren't for the horrible light bleeding on the top edge I'd argue floor model to stop all the questioning. I think I pulled 15gb's one month on my droidx. I don't personally need a way to pull more faster.

I'm new to the smartphone biz. I've always considered getting an iPhone due to it's medical applications which I frequently use when I have my hands on one. Does the HTC/other smart phones have more medical apps than the iPhone?

Uhh no recipe7. Big negatory, but you will definately see that number switch places with the iphone os in the coming years. As far as smart phones apple will be in the market position similar to where they stand in the pc world. Small part but loyal fan base.

supersmashbrada said:
Uhh no recipe7. Big negatory, but you will definately see that number switch places with the iphone os in the coming years. As far as smart phones apple will be in the market position similar to where they stand in the pc world. Small part but loyal fan base.

Thanks for the info SSB. I'm not an Apple fan, but I need med apps for work, ugh.

Back