TechSpot

HTC unveils One Max, packs 5.9" display and fingerprint scanner

By Scorpus
Oct 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The device has seen a fair share of leaks over the past few months, and now it's official: HTC has unveiled the One Max. Straddling the line between phone and tablet, the Max features a 5.9-inch 1080p LCD display and...

Read more

2. fredderf81

fredderf81 TS Rookie Posts: 28   +20

....after reading the specs...VERY pleased with the Note 3. ...had several HTC phones in the past, sadly disappointed in HTC as a company for this. oh well.

lmike6453 and Darth Shiv like this.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,147   +737

Glad to see Samsung getting some decent competition in this part of the market.

lmike6453 likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,332   +805

5.9"... Why didn't they just make it 6" and call it quits? But whether it's 5,9" or 6" you're still gonna need a backpack to tote it comfortably about.

5. Railman

Railman TS Enthusiast Posts: 667   +96

Now that HTC have parted ways with Beats do they provide an equivalent decent pair of headphones? My Beats headphones that came with my HTC phone are still going strong despite rough treatment and the contract close to ending. In contrast my daughter has gone through countless iPhone earbuds and other headphones in the same time.

6. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,175   +176

Sammy smashes it on CPU, GPU, MicroUSB 3.0, RAM, not sure about camera - 13MP vs 4MP so on pixel count Sammy wins but I don't know what HTC has done to make the "ultrapixel" claim.

Disappointed in HTC and Sony. Sony released the Xperia Z Ultra with Android 4.2 (TRIM support so less performance degradation as the phone ages) and MicroUSB 2.0 which meant it was DOA for me. Sammy wins again imo.

7. lmike6453

lmike6453 TS Rookie Posts: 98   +6

Not true. I just saw the Xperia Z Ultra 6.4 inch screen with unnecessary bezels and it still fit in my dress pants pocket with room. My 5.7" Note 3 fits very comfortably day to day...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.