HTC's upcoming One A9 looks suspiciously like an iPhone

Scorpus

Staff member

HTC is preparing a new mid-range phone that's set to launch before the end of the year, known as the One A9 (codenamed "Aero"), and thanks to the latest leak from @evleaks we're seeing what this phone will look like for the first time.

The press renders for the One A9 show a device that looks suspiciously similar to Apple's iPhone: both devices feature similar metal rear panels; similar flat, rounded rectangular bodies; and similar front profiles with physical home buttons beneath the display.

The One A9 will come in six colors, some of which – "carbon gray" and "rose gold" in particular – match the color options Apple provides with their iPhone range. The two designs aren't identical, but it's clear where HTC's inspiration has come from.

A previous leak from @evleaks revealed that the One A9 will most likely be a mid-range smartphone. The device reportedly packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC (a minor upgrade on the existing octa-core Snapdragon 615), 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of expandable storage, plus a 5-inch 1080p AMOLED display.

The One A9 also allegedly features a 13-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization, a four 'ultrapixel' front camera, a 2,150 mAh battery, a fingerprint scanner, and a 7mm thin body.

According to @evleaks, HTC will release the A9 in November, so it will only be a few months until we see the company's iPhone-styled phone in the flesh.

Permalink to story.

It may look like one Apples phones but all smartphones look pretty much the same to me apart from some Blackberry's with keypads.

It may look like one Apples phones but all smartphones look pretty much the same to me apart from some Blackberry's with keypads.

You know just as well as I do that Apple owns the patent on contrast lines running horizontally across the back of rectangles.

Back