Html Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peerob

I need to convert a powerpoint document containing Word Art into a HTML document for my boss to send out as a fax shot.

I can convert the document easily enough using the 'save as' command. But I can only view this when the original document resides on my home PC. If I e-mail the HTML document it is blank.

What is the best way to get the HTML document on my office server, would I have to put the other documents there as well? :)

You have to include the folder that contains the graphics - there is no way to put them in the HTML file itself.

use PDF print driver

If you have PDF writing software (PDF995 or WinPDF), you can use Print and select the PDF 'logical printer' and it will create a PDF on the HD that is complete. It can then be email successfully. :)

Thanks,

I have converted into a Jpeg file and put it in the same directory on the server. pasted into Dreamweaver and created an HTML file, it seems to work when I open the HTML file. The problem now is that I can only fax a blank page as the HTML document is looking for an attached image. I think that is where the problem lies, ie the fax software will only fax HTML documents but cannot collect the images as well. I think I am stuck with a text only document.

Peerob said:
... as the HTML document is looking for an attached image. I think that is where the problem lies, ie the fax software will only fax HTML documents but cannot collect the images as well.
That is what is happening alright.

Nodsu gives one solution, ZIP the directory and HTML file and send the archive.

As for sending PPT files, these can be megabytes, especially if the presentation is
sizable and has many of the fancy effects (fade, zoom from left/right...).

The conversion from PPT to PDF will eleminate the effects and create one composite per page,
and thus shrink the PDF somewhat. You can always view the file properities to see the size.

Have you tried converting to MS Word? Copy/Paste the HTML into word and
then Copy the artwork and paste at the end. (hint: need to VIEW as print layout).

isn't there a pack and go
that adds a viewer for client
should just leave it as PPT most mail has what 8/10 mb limit
shouldn't be that large it it is should find a upload site
my nephew sent client PP in emails all the time never a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back