Huge Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a new case, hard drive and motherboard. i bought the case and mother board to move my pc parts from one machine to another. i got the hard drive to run raid 0. here are the specs:

APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-QPACK (new)
eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (new)
Sempron 3500+
512 mb ram (2 x 256mb)
160GB Wester Digital HardDrive
200GB Maxtor HardDrive (new drive)
eVGA 6600 PCI-e 256mb

i put the computer together but im having some major problems, heres a list of problems:

1.) the power supply wont start up on 115 volts but it will startup on 230 volts. :mad:
2.) the motherboard powers up, the cpu doesnt boot, but everything runs, fans spin, cant tell if the hard drives are running. strangely enough my mp3 player will charge on the motherboards USB port :confused:

PSU what WATTS is that rated at? There are simple test you can do, but for did you clear out the CMOS in that MOBO first?

Chipset for GU does that board have onboard Video and if so did you disable it? Since you have eVGA 6600 PCI-e 256mb video card.
Are these HDDS both SATA?

thanks DonNagual, i found out the problem, it was bad motherboard. i switched the hard ware back to the old machine and everything botted up. the old machine also started at 115 voltes as well. tipstir, how do you chear the cmos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back