Hulu offering first 12 months of service for $6 per month

Jos

Staff

One of the main incentives for cutting the cord is to avoid paying for a lot of bundled channels that you don’t care about. But as fragmented as the streaming market is, subscribing to a bunch of different services to get all the content you want adds up, perhaps too close to your monthly cable bill . While that isn’t bound to change in the short term, Hulu wants to offer some relief by cutting its entry level subscription to $5.99 per month for the first year.

The promotion is limited to new Hulu customers only and applies to its subscription service with limited ads, with pricing going back to $7.99 per month after the first year. The streaming service is not offering any discounts for its $11.99 per month commercial-free offering.

The promotional price undercuts Netflix’s single-stream, SD-only plan, which goes for $7.99 per month, as well as their two-stream $9.99 plan with HD content, and Amazon’s new standalone streaming option (sans Prime shipping) for $8.99 a month.

Hulu offers on-demand TV shows from major networks that become available a day after they are aired. The company is also working on a live TV streaming service that’s going to be launched in 2017 and is rumored to cost $40 per month, with content from Disney, Fox and most recently Time Warner after the latter bought a 10% stake in the company.

Permalink to story.

Hulu is still lacking in much needed features. They need profiles so I don't have to made through what everyone in rest of house watches.

Also... 720p!!!!!! *STILL* no full HD option, even on the 11.99 plan... It's 2016 ffs

Hulu is junk. They lost their rights to stream CW content on the service. I just literally resubbed to the no commercial plan just to be shocked that 3/4 of the shows I watch were removed from my watch list. No arrow, flash, supergirl, the 100, supernatural, legends of tomorrow. I didn't watch a single thing and immediately contacted to see if I could get a refund and they obliged. I'm greatful but the service has no use to me. The majority of other network shows are junk.

Hulu is junk. They lost their rights to stream CW content on the service. I just literally resubbed to the no commercial plan just to be shocked that 3/4 of the shows I watch were removed from my watch list. No arrow, flash, supergirl, the 100, supernatural, legends of tomorrow. I didn't watch a single thing and immediately contacted to see if I could get a refund and they obliged. I'm greatful but the service has no use to me. The majority of other network shows are junk.

This, exactly... Only reason I used Hulu was for CW, twc doesn't have CW in HD where I live. So now this is a completely useless service...

This, exactly... Only reason I used Hulu was for CW, twc doesn't have CW in HD where I live. So now this is a completely useless service...

The CW now has a Roku app that allows you to watch their shows for free. No cable/satellite subscription required. You have to wait until the following day after the show airs, and I believe it will contain commercials, but it's free.

The CW now has a Roku app that allows you to watch their shows for free. No cable/satellite subscription required. You have to wait until the following day after the show airs, and I believe it will contain commercials, but it's free.
Not a bad deal, wonder what Roku paid to get that ;)

But don't own a roku, and no desire too. Waiting for seasons to start (this week I think) and will see how horrible the CW app is on Xbox

Back