Humble Origin Bundle offers top EA titles: Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, more

Justin Kahn

humble origin bundle offers games collection

The Humble Bundle has gained a lot of notoriety for selling PC games at super cheap prices and sending a ton of cash to charity. Now gaming giant EA is offering its own Humble Origin Bundle, with some of its best titles at rock bottom prices.

For a minimum price of $1, you can pick up Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 3, Dead Space, Crysis 2: Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, and Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. Those who opt to pay the current average of $4.75 or more will also get Battlefield 3 and the Sims 3: Starter Pack which comes with the main game, Late Night Expansion Pack, and High-End Loft Stuff. Other than Sims 3, which will also run on Mac, all of the games in the bundle are for PC.

Three of the best titles in the bundle, Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3 and Sims 3 will require the use of Origin, with the rest of the titles redeemable through both Steam and Origin. Even with the DRM requirements, there is no doubting the value to be had here, not to mention the fact that EA is donating its share of the proceeds entirely to charity. At the time of writing, the Humble Origin Bundle has sold over 800,000 copies and has raised over $3.7 million.

Gamers can choose how to allocate their funds between the following five organizations: Human Rights Campaign, American Red Cross, Watsi, San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the American Cancer Society.

The Humble Origin Bundle will be available until August 28.

Permalink to story.

You'll have to register and try and grab one from the forum tomorrow. That's when I'm putting my extra keys up. However, I'll be making regular TS members a priority over others.

That's cool of you to offer the keys up for free, but don't you think that might inhibit the whole purpose of the humble bundle? You know, the donating to charity for games part... Maybe wait until the bundle is over, then offer for free? Not trying to tell you what to do here, just food for thought. :)

Oh god, this is the most insane bundle evaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just got it.
One cd key for each game. I'll just redeem battlefield 3 for now. I'll decide what to do with the other games after I've played the hugest game pile I've ever stacked in front of me: Bastion, GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption (started today), Vanquish and the ones I haven't even acquired yet: Batman Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell Black List, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Dark Souls 2 and Witcher 3

Wow, thank you Techspot. Perfect complement to my new rig [a shame I'll be able to enjoy it until december], I only owned 1 of those titles and bought the bundle for a disclossed amount -nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't know it applied outside of USA too, my friends are also contributing to it after my succesful redeems.

I would only probably play 4 of the 8 games in the bundle. How does this work once I make the purchase? I really only want 2 of the games. Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor. If I only want 2 or 4 games how does that work? Do they email you 8 keys or what?

I would only probably play 4 of the 8 games in the bundle. How does this work once I make the purchase? I really only want 2 of the games. Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor. If I only want 2 or 4 games how does that work? Do they email you 8 keys or what?

It's basically an email with your key basically, to access your bundle and it varies from bundle to bundle. This one is all individual keys, for Origin and Steam alike. Some keys also could be multiple games, like the Deep Silver bundle was. Obviously paying over the average nets you more. =)

It is $5 for charity :D. You get emailed a link with your codes.

Back