Hurrican Extreme Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

Ok, here is the #1 reason you should read this thread. DO NOT buy this sound card! I have had nothing but problems with it. Static, lockups, BSOD.. all this with updated drivers, and two different versions of windows (2000 and XP).

Anyway, when loading Battlefield 1942, I just started getting a BSOD automatically before the game even starts. Constantly getting static especially on the main menu of the game. The PCI card is seated fine and has been in two different slots. The drivers are the newest version. I have tried this in both Win2k and XP and had problems in both.

Getting a new soundcard very soon and problably sending a nice little message to I/O Magic & ESS to tell them to get their damn sound cards looked at by Microsoft before they put p.o.s. cards on the market.

Good, this is what we need...more end user opinions on stuff.

Shell out some cash for an Audigy 2 :) That coupled with your model unknown Altec Lansing speakers should sound excellent :)

Since this is more of a I'm buying a new card thread than I'd like to fix this card I won't give you any advice [size=1]but I must say, please check your device manager for any conflicts before you throw it away.[/size]

Na, there aren't any conflicts, and onboard sound is disabled. My opinion: this card just sucks out the wazoo and Battlefield 1942 in itself is the most buggy program I have ever used in 11 years.

Well, unfortunately it is pretty buggy regardless of what awards it won. A lot of people have problems with it. Search the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back