hyperterminal

:wave:
Looking for some advice concerning hyperterminal.
1- how can I disable/enable commands from being viewed in a hyperterminal session?
2- how can I increase the amount of data being captured in a terminal logging capture file? I'm finding that the capture stops even though the session shows the capture as being active but no further output to the file happens.

Thanx in advance for any suggestions.

Enabling/disabling commands would be a device specific configuration. Hypterterminal simply displays whatever the device it's connected to gives it.

Dunno about your capture issue though.

Thanx for your input for my issue. I figured that it was device specific at first but I wasn't finding the answer. I guess I have to dig deeper in a different direction maybe.
The capture issue is something else. Everyone that I have spoken to about it is just as puzzled as I am.

Thanx again for your response.

Hyperterm is a really old application, could just be a file size limitation hold over from the old days.

:rolleyes:
Thanx for your response.

My work around is to forget using hyperterminal and use telnet instead. It's just means more work in marking all commands & pasting to a text editor but that's life. Another benefit is faster response.

Thanx again.

go to http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/ and update your 'antique'.
Then set the switch for no echo

* - Escape code sequence - once you have gotten a CONNECT message, if you type 3 plus signs, the modem will stay connected and enter command mode. You go back to data-online mode with the ATO command. The + signs will not be echoed back to you - you do not see them on the Hyperterminal display.

AT E# = Echo characters in command mode - where # = 0-no echo; 1=echo

Back