I also have a browser redirection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to happen in IE and Mozilla, have run nortons antivirus scan (always been installed and is uptodate), adaware (after getting it to work), malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, ccleaner, hijack this and superantispyware (not in that order). have attached the 3 logs requested. Have followed the 8 step plan.

All help greatly appreciated.

not sure if it is fixed yet, but thanks to responses to somebody elses posts have now run combofix and gmer - have attached their logs for reference. I think that problem has gone away at least temporarily.

I also parsed the hijackthis log and removed some of the entries that were highlighted on that report.

If the problem has not gone away then I will return.

Thanks for all the help

but thanks to responses to somebody elses posts have now run combofix and gmer

The most common problem that malware is causing is a search redirect. But there can be 50 different malware infections causing it. So each thread is specific only to the person it addresses.

There is NO standard malware 'fix'. Each person with malware get the cleaning help they alone need. While some cleaning programs are suggested often, they should not be run unless the malware helper has instructed you to.

Please see: Do Not Run Combofix without our guidance at the top of this forum.

I also parsed the hijackthis log and removed some of the entries that were highlighted on that report.

What may not be an appropriate entry for one person or one operating system, might be an acceptable one for another. Never remove entries from HijackThis unless you are instructed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back