I am back in action, but have sad news

Rick

Staff
If you don't know, I moved from Kentucky to California and behold.. I finally have my computer! I've missed this place a lot!

Unfortunately, my monitor is totally trashed.... The plastic casing is all bent up, smashed and torn. Surprisingly, it still works fairly well (albeit the color has changed a bit and the corners are blurrier).. But my computer is indeed usable and I shall use it!

Fortunately, I paid a little extra for shipping insurance.. My monitor is insured for 700 dollars so I'm hoping to get this thing fixed, replaced or refunded. I'm very sad about this though because I love my monitor so much.

Anyhow, glad to be back! Hopefully, I will start replying regularly soon.

It's good to have you back Rick. That sucks about your monitor though. I am sure the shipping company will do something about it, especially since it is insured. And just curious, but how much was your monitor? 700$ seems like quite a bit for a monitor, so it must have been a nice one. Anyway, you WERE missed and it is good to see you back in action.

How is life in Cali compared to Kentucky?

It's a 22" NEC flatscreen.. Rather nice monitor I believe, but I got it on sale for something in the neighborhood of 400 dollars.

The guy that looked at it to insure it appraised it as 700 dollars, so I got the 700 dollar insurance for it.

Life in Cali is a little different, but not a whole lot. I live downtown in Santa Cruz, as opposed to a field 20 miles away from the nearest store. ;)

Now that your not living in the sticks is the possibility of broadband finally available to you? Glad your back since the has been quite a few people whose lives have meant they have not been around the forums as much as they would have liked... :)

Originally posted by Arris
Now that your not living in the sticks is the possibility of broadband finally available to you? Glad your back since the has been quite a few people whose lives have meant they have not been around the forums as much as they would have liked... :)

I'm on quite a fast connection right now... The equivelent of about 1.4Mbps ADSL from what I've seen ;) ANd I must say it is glorious!

WB and nice to see you again... (Not that I noticed you were gone, but ;) :D)

As for the net connection.. :mad: I want one too!

Welcome back Rick.

I'll again offer my condolences on your monitor and hope that the UPS man meets an unfortunate fate at the hands of an angry pitbull. :evil:

LOL SB. Yeah, good to have you back Rick, you were MIA for quite a while! You know...AZ is right next to Cali, you should come out here, its a little dry and I can't gaurentee that my family is as warm as your girlfriend. :D

Good to have you back.... Try and take some pics of the area and post em, id love to see where you live in california.... I never have been to Santa Cruz....

I remeber that, that was quite a while ago....I remember moving to the new boards and wondering who Rick was :confused:
Then I figured it out from SNGX

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I remeber that, that was quite a while ago....I remember moving to the new boards and wondering who Rick was :confused:
Then I figured it out from SNGX

I remember being in the new forums, and looking in the old forums for reference and wondering who Jellobones was...

Hey - I remember Jellobones...

And i never knew Jellobones & Rick were one and the same...

Mind you i changed my name too, when the forums changed...

Back