I am having a problem adding another HDD, why?

ingeborgdot

I wanted to add another hdd 1.5tb to my system because I need the extra storage for video. I formatted it but when I came back to it this morning it had split it into 3 sections. Something I never did. I deleted one of the partitions and it combined with another but the the other won't work to extend to. I try to format it but it says it is too small but it show 880gb. What am I doing wrong?

if it is a completely new drive and its empty,i would suggest formatting the whole damn thing and use a powerful partitioning software such as GParted to create the partitions....

I ended up using gparted. I had it fixed but I still went back and used gparted to format the whole thing.

I ended up using gparted. I had it fixed but I still went back and used gparted to format the whole thing.

good choice :p , when i got my 1tb drive i formatted it wrong and till this day i am stuck with 2 primary drives and 1 extended...i dont have any other place to copy my data to ,then format my drive and copy the data back...im stuck :p

Back