I am having a problem with boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, when I start the windows, I see two options on which "operating system" to start. However, the computer automatically chooses one, I dont know which one it chooses. I would like this to end. here is my boot stuff. I think I need to delete the one with """" symbols on it. Help me please.
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS=""

Does it boot?

If you can get into Windows XP and have it run for 10 minutes i can get that stupid pesky screen from coming up.

First Right click on the My Computer icon and then left click on properties.
Then click on the advanced tab.
Towards the bottom you should see Startup and Recovery and under that you should have a settings button you can push, click on that.
make sure that in the drop down window is "Microsoft Windows XP Professional"/fastdetect/NoExecute=OptIn" then right underneth that is a check box that says "Time to display list of Operating Systems" UNCHECK the box to the right of it.

Your problem should be taken care of now. and that is just telling it to boot in the option you selected in the drop down window...

Go into Control Panel, System, Advanced, startup and recovery. Uncheck the 2 top boxes, and make sure your boot choice is in the window. While your at it, uncheck "automatically restart". reboot your system

yes the computer boots. but since there is two bootup profiles I think there are two partitions within the computer so I would like to delete the one i don't so I can have more space on my hdd. However thx for helping me out the both of u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back