I am in need of serious sound card help! my sound ain't working

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have the creative, soundblaster 16 awe32 sound card, my last computer was totalled form nowhere and then when i got my new computer it didn't have a sound card at all. so i switched the creative sound card to my new computer.. it worked just 3 days ago now it isn't working. can someone help me? i tried thec reative website and it didn't give me any help, i tried placing the card in all slots it could fit, and still nothing... what more can i do?

OH! and it's a code 10 error

Hello, godosnipers, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, I expect Tmagic is right in saying try another sound card but try downloading drivers from the Creative website first. If it still doesn't work then replace the card ;)

thanks... *sigh* sry i ain't very proper for this site.. i only regestered (sry spelling not good because i just got up) because i had a problem and all. i'll get another sound card then since there ARE no drivers on the creative website. thanks again, if you want tell the admin i'm done here and he can get rid of my account

Had a problem with my X-Fi yesterday. Had to uninstall the drivers and then delete the folders named Creative from my Program Filels. Not all the drivers will delete,especially the .dll files. Once this is accomplished, reinstall the drivers for the sound card, but make sure the settings aren't set to "Mute". Then go to the Creative web site and download the automatic update. It will then scan your hardware and select the corect drivers for you hardware. Select all the drivers for the osoftware you have installed for the card and download the drivers. It will automatically install all drivers associated with your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back