I am not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

statixpulze

Hi all... i am in a situation of not knowing wat shuld i get first since i am able to get one thing at a time.. I was thinking of getting a DVD writer or a 160GB SATA harddisk..

Or izzit better with a normal ide 160GB?

Spec: for dvd writer i intended to buy... :)

LG 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write Black ATAPI/E-IDE Model GSA-H10AK - OEM

Cache: 2M
CD-R: 48X
CD-ROM Access Time: 125ms
CD-RW: 32X
DVD+R: 16X
DVD+RW: 8X
DVD-R: 16X
DVD-ROM Access Time: 145ms
DVD-RW: 6X
Type: DVD Burner

Model #: GSA-H10AK OEM
Item #: N82E16827136085

(or is there any dvd writer dat u would recommend?)

Well, you seem really onboard with the thought of of a dvd bunner. So get what makes you happy, if you don't really need the extra storage.

I would recommend getting a SATA drive over an IDE drive, but only if you need more storage than you currently have (don't get one for performance, because SATA150 is only a little bit better then ATA133 (IDE).

otherwise, i would go with the DVD burner.

as far as what model to buy... who makes theone you are looking at? where are you looking to buy it from? and how much is your upgrade budget?

KingCody said:
I would recommend getting a SATA drive over an IDE drive, but only if you need more storage than you currently have (don't get one for performance, because SATA150 is only a little bit better then ATA133 (IDE).

otherwise, i would go with the DVD burner.

as far as what model to buy... who makes theone you are looking at? where are you looking to buy it from? and how much is your upgrade budget?

Ouh well i do really need those extra space for storage..with my given space now wich is 40GB... but i guess a DVD burner would be alright... Well at a country like mine a DVD burner with lightscribe can fetch up to SGD$100(USD$62) and 160GB would be at SGD120(USD$74)...At some Computer mall located near my home town... There is a current budget of SGD$150(USD$93) untill i got my next allowance soon... :) to get the other stuff... in 3 weeks time..

Sorry had to bother abt this jz dat i cant really make up my mind for this... Gee~~ :blush:

SATA is only marginally faster than IDE drives and the average user won't notice the speed difference. This is due to bottlenecks outside of SATA.

But being that SATA is the newest technology, it wouldn't hurt to go with it. Of course if price is a factor, IDE drives are cheap and plentiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back