I am thinking of purchasing a new PC, comments on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a looking at purchasing this compuer and I am fairly green at all the mumbo jumbo. Here is a little backgorund on what we do:

Games - a fair amount, mainly sport/auto racing at times over the internet, a few similuations and adventure
Surfing - A large amount, online gaiming etc
Music - always
DVD - have started to get into this more, just purchased 60G Video Ipod, being from North America and living in Europe we would like to play our DVD to our TV as well. Looking into this for recording TV.

This is what we are looking at:

Midtower ATX 350W, Foxconn 915GV7MH-S, Intel P-IV 630 3.00 2Mb PC800, 2x ddr2/533 512Mb, 200Gb 7200rpm S-ATA - Seagate Barracuda, 1.44md drive, DVD52s/16x, DVDR +R/-R 16, point of view GeForce 6200 DVI/TV-out 256Mc PCI-E

Any comments or upgrade suggestions?

Cheers

What are you recording TV with? I don't see a tuner card in there, unless I'm overlooking something.

Also, I don't know how much of a priority the "gaming" you mentioned is to you, but that GeForce 6200 card is not strong enough for today's newer games. Does the company you are looking at purchasing from allow you to customize the computer specs?

I would also get more info on the name brand of the power supply they would be using.

By the way, welcome to Techspot!

You should rather try and get a 6600GT for gaming. The 6200 can't run todays game very well. The 6600GT however runs most games well and has a good price comapred to other cards.

Yes, get at least a 6600GT unless "a fair amount" means "not that much". Also try getting a more powerful PSU. 350W is not enough by today's standards, get 450W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back