I ask not for help, but for enlightenment

hewybo

I visit and peruse this site frequently. I am beginning to feel deprived. Last year at this time, I didn't know a mobo from a kudu. Since that time, I have managed to completely replace my Fry's bundle with all sorts of technological wonders, from sound cards to disk-cloning programs. I even think I am clear on the mobo/kudu relationship.

I ask, therefore, why have I NEVER received a BSOD? In the course of trashing some motherboards, I have become familiar with black screens, but no blue ones ! Could this be indicative of some supernatural gift? Am I blessed, or cursed? Most importantly, what could the future hold for one such as I?

Please-- enlighten me. :( :(

You could always cut out a piece of blue card board the size of your monitor and write some code on it in tippex......... and then get someone to randomly place it it front of your screen while you fain horror and scream "WHY ME ..OH NO.. FOR THE LOVE OF BILL GATES AND ALL THAT IS HOLY..WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW" and then throw your self to you knees.....................Just so you don't feel left out like

maybe, but--no

At first I thought that could work, but........... I wouldn't have any of those little zip-file thingies to post to Mr, Hopkins. And I needn't mention what fun a few real "minidumps" can be. No, I must have the real thing.

What if I were to open Photoshop CS, and attempt to layer the entire universe in 72 bit color?!! Would that do it? I am most desperate for this experience. :bounce:

In system registry set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters\CrashOnCtrlScroll to 1. Reboot. Whenever you feel like a bluescreen, hold Ctrl and tap Scroll Lock

It could also be possible that you have your cmos set to reboot instead of displaying the bsod to you. Or maybe you're just super lucky?

You're not playing BattleField 2, that's the master of BSODs. For $60, go give yourself some piece of mind! :giddy:

Many thanks!!

I will do it!! I will layer and composite the universe, trash my registry, and enter the battlefield with my Audigy2 ZS blasting, whilst rapidly pressing controller and ALL hot keys during a massive thunderstorm!

Thanks to your kind suggestions, and concern for my left-outedness, I will finally be taken into the fold.

Prepare yourself, Mr Hopkins, to be inundated by little zippy-things!

KUDUS!! :cool:

No blue screen? Sounds like you might be missing a pin in your VGA cable....

Back