I can’t believe Steve Irwin is dead!

Tacitus

I can’t believe Steve Irwin is dead!

Did anyone else hear? I can’t believe such a legend has gone, and in such ironic circumstances! I’ve been gutted all day.

Long live Steve’s legend. I’ll never hear the words 'What a beauty' said in such a way ever again.

I feel so sorry for his wife and kids.

Yes, he was quite a character.

He will be missed.

Apparently he was killed by a Stingray`s barb.

More details are available HERE.

Regards Howard :(

Goodbye Steve, The Daring and Great Crocodile Hunter

I too would like to convey my personnal respects to Steve Irwin
I wasnt a fanatic watcher of his programmes, but I always enjoyed them and admired his work.

I guess you have to admit something like this was bound to happen, there's only so many times you can get away with the stuff did unharmed.
I want everyone who reads this thread to shout 'Crikey!' in remembrance
Goodbye Steve, your star will shine bright forever more.

Living in Australia, his death has hit me harder than most of you.

First off some details: He was filming a documentary on stingrays at the Great Barrier Reef when he swam above one and its barb pierced his heart. Paramedics had to fly from the mainland and arrived too late to resuscitate him although according to experts he didn’t have a chance. Steve Irwin is only the second person ever to have been killed by a stingray in all of Australia. His Wife and children were hiking in Tasmania so were only notified of the news several hours after the freak accident occurred.

Although many of you probably remember him as an ***** who often pushed the envelope, he really was a great guy. I only met him once, but in those few minutes I realized that despite his silliness and sometimes stupid stunts, he actually was a very nice and caring guy.

I urge you all to remember him for his good traits rather than his bad - and often more publicized - characteristics. I hope everyone who was familiar with him will show their respect by posting a message here. I also urge everyone who uses MSN messenger to put a turtle (tu) emoticon in front of their name as a sign of respect and remembrance.

Regards,

Korrupt

I never met him, but I am saddened at the thought of him being gone. His works for both animals and Australia are truly something to look up to, as well as appearing to be a genuinely good bloke.

RIP

i feel sad, that he has gone.
Well, he did something that he liked, and died doing it.
I haven't seen his movies, but i have heard of him a lot.
I was shcoked when i heard of the incident.

hunt crockidiles in heaven...............

I too am quite saddened, and quite dissappointed in the American media. On Sunday we heard things like "...will always be remembered for..." and then a reference to one of Steve's more questionable run ins with American media.

Unfortunately, we were reminded of a negative instance instead of the hundreds of postive's that Steve and his family have provided us.

Dissappointed to say the least - he was an assett to all

tldge said:
I too am quite saddened, and quite dissappointed in the American media. On Sunday we heard things like "...will always be remembered for..." and then a reference to one of Steve's more questionable run ins with American media.

Unfortunately, we were reminded of a negative instance instead of the hundreds of postive's that Steve and his family have provided us.

Dissappointed to say the least - he was an assett to all

I totally agree. That`s the media for you. Always ready to look on the negative side.

The fact is, the guy`s dead and I for one think he was a complete star. I don`t care what the twisted media say.

He will be sadly missed.

Regards Howard :(

Yeah, you could tell he was a great guy. I think he generally put on the showman facade in order to attract media attention, after which he could then genuinely convey his noble passion for conservation. I still can’t believe he’s dead. Every picture I see of him he seems so alive and active, and I still think he’s got a crocodile in a headlock or something somewhere.

One thing that always used to crack me up was how he wore those khakis in every single type of situation. He’d have them on in the croc pen, but he’d also have them on, boots and all, deep sea diving with sharks or something. Then you’d see him on the red carpet of his movie premier with the same khakis and boots on. I bet he died wearing those khakis. What a legend.

Yeah, but out of all the possible amazing ways to bite the dust, such as getting mauled by a croc or crushed by a Python, he got nailed by a damn Stingray pansy. Everyone says he lived a dangerous life and it was only a matter of time. I don’t think it was, he was probably very safe working with crocs as he knew them as well as he knew himself. The sheer unlikeliness of this accident shouldn’t be attributed to the fact that 'he had it coming'.

It was sad to hear... but you can only mess around with dangerous animals so long before they get ya...

I feel bad for his young kids :(

He was was a great a bit unpratical, but who here has never done anything folish?

Anyways he was a great guy, like everyone said we will miss him turely?

I feal bad for his younger childern, I know they didn't take this well......

Anyways RIP We will forever remmber you as the Crocodile Hunter

(hey pctec copy cat)

Its good to see so many replies to this thread:)

Crikey, what a legend he was.

R.I.P stevo, you give em heaps upstairs wont ya mate?:p

Regards,

Korrupt

I was a fan of his shows, and am very saddened by his death. Of course I feel terrible for his wife and kids.

But what really gets me is the world has lost an advocate for the preservation and protection of wildlife. And god know we need as many in that feild as we can get. I hope his work and legacy will carry on.

Sean

My brother has been on holiday in Sardinia and he got taken around sailing by a guy who knew Steve Irwin. He said he could do every water sport under the sun: Surfing, body boarding, windsurfing, snorkelling, scuba diving, the lot. What makes it legendary is that he did them ALL in his Khaki's WITH his big black boots on! I bet he died in those legendary Khakis.

He was quite a character, a real down-to-earth person. I would have expected him to have lived a long life, minus an arm or leg, but to an old age. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. God bless him and his family...

I was so upset when i heard on the news of his death :( He was a really awesom guy who was dedicated to saving the little wildlife that we have on this planet. I really feel for his wife, who must be devestated. But she must have known that someday, something was going to happen to him when you're filming and investigating some of the most dangerous animals on the planet. I loved his show "crocodile Hunter" He's really going to be missed.

...AMD

When I heard about this on the news, I couldn't believe it. I enjoyed watching The Crocodile Hunter. His love for wildlife was amazing and I always managed to have a bit of a laugh watching his shows, even interviews he had, especially one with Oprah.

He definately will be missed by people all over the world.

I'll be watching 20/20's interview with his wife this Thursday for sure...

Back