I can hear computer noises through the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

I can hear the cdrom's spin up and theres a squealing sound that changes pitch when I move the mouse or click on something. Ive heard of this before but can remember what causes it. I can also hear the squealing sound inside the computer, like the sound old TV tubes used to make.

Same here. Sometimes I get that. I haven't gotten it recently, but when it happens, it's usually loading a game. Is that a case for yours?

It doesn't make sense I have an SB Audigy 2 Platinum paired with 5.1 SB speakers. Well... actually... creative has a bad reputation for software...

Ive got an Audigy 1394 and Creative T7700 speakers. I just had to send the speakers back because they were popping and crackling.

This couldn't be a return of the "lovely" bug creative had with their SB series could it?

Because crackling sound when using harddrive/cdrom was one of the things it would cause.
Are you having trouble with corrupted files when playing music and copying at the same time?

Try updating to the latest drivers (great advice huh ;)) and see if that does anything.

Also, you are using digital instead of analogue music playback?

computer noise

I have a audigy with creative inspire 5.1 speakers. I was having the same problem until I removed the sound cable from the CD Rom to the sound card.

Go into device manager and select your cd/dvd drive.
Select properties and click the button "enable digital playback from this CD-Rom device"

That's the way it's in 2k, so it shouldn't be all that different in XP.

You can now enjoy a much clearer crisper sound :)

taken care of but there are still some minor noises from the cpu or hdd i assume coming through the speakers... what is this creative "bug" you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back