I can no longer see my WD External Hard Drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home from work yesterday & my computer no longer recognizes my Western Digital External extreme Hard drives. I had 2-250gig, 2-320gig, & 1-500gig My Book connected with no problems. Then, nothing. There is nothing wrong with the drives though. My computer just doesn't see them any more. Has this happened to anyone else?

"no longer recognizes" or "doesn't see" means what? What did you (or someone else) do on the computer before things broke? Can another computer "see" the hard drives?

Is anything at all related to the WD's detected in the BIOS? Do any of them show up when you install them one at a time? Are they detected in another computer? What other USB devices are installed?
Since all three worked, and now none of the three worked, were you running any new processes prior to this suddent change? One could assume all these failures are related to a recent event. Perhaps a download or other hardware connection? Anything else going on with software? Anti-spyware, anti-virus, or adware scans? Any red or yellow values in your Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Event Viewer? Or in Disc Management?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back