I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

rodion15

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, it´s not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

Well, to tell you the truth I don't have that wireless keyboard and mouse set any more so I'm not sure the bluetooth dongle is OK. I'll try with another phone I have to see if the computer can communicate with it.
Thanks for your answer

Those dongles frequently cause problems. I have an IOgear for my laptop and it needed a special driver. Then attempting a BT mini-mouse, it needed another driver. BT gets complicated.

Back