i cannot reinstall windows due to blue screen.....HELP!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, new to this site, my problem is i cant do a reinstall or repair to windows xp pro, i cant do anything due to bsod, its a registry error code....
STOP: 0x00000051 .
i'm at a loss and very little hair left now.
ive tried everything that i know of and just end up with blue screen, cant get in with safe mode.....nothing...Help

Blah..

I am having a problom just like this.. My windows was saying it was activated right after i installed windows but it kept popping up and saying you need to activate windows in so many days. So i would click it and it would say windows is already registered..

After it got down to 1 day i restarted and i couldnt log on and i couldnt register windows. So i popped in my windows xp sp2 cd and tryed to reistall windows. I got blue screen after blue screen. I tryed reformating the drives to and that gave me a blue screen. So now i have to unformated drives without a copy of windows installed on them and no way to log onto windows at all.

I plugged the hard drive into a usb hookup. Right clicked and reformated the drives. It worked fine. I plugged it back into my computer put in the windows cd and bam i got nailed by a blue screen again.

Sometime the blue screen just gives me some kinda memory error i think like he posted. Other times i see it say a few diffrent things. Stuff like..

"Atapi.Sys - Address F839903F base at F8392000, DateStamp 41107b4d"

and

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Does anyone no what i could or should do to fix this. Remember its not formated right and how no OS installed on it anymore. So the most i can do it with the Windows CD or plug it into another computer..

Thank you.

hi, new to this site, my problem is i cant do a reinstall or repair to windows xp pro, i cant do anything due to bsod, its a registry error code....
STOP: 0x00000051 .
i'm at a loss and very little hair left now.
ive tried everything that i know of and just end up with blue screen, cant get in with safe mode.....nothing...Help

are you booting from the XP CD? if you are getting BSOD after booting from the Windows CD then you have a hardware problem.

im using the same xp disc i installed it from. when you say hardware problem, how do i find out what it is,and what sort of hardware is the problem, could it be hard drive?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

del25 said:
im using the same xp disc i installed it from. when you say hardware problem, how do i find out what it is,and what sort of hardware is the problem, could it be hard drive?

Have you tried doing a complete reformat and reinstall?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

In that case, I agree with iss, it`s probably some kind of hardware problem.

Check your hard drive using one of theses hard drive utilities HERE.

Also go HERE and follow the instructions for checking your ram.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back