I can't access my BIOS or setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Emachine W4885, 2.8MHz, 512RAM. Anyways, I'm booting up my computer, the monitor acts like it's in stanby mode as it boots up and I see nothing, just a black screen. When the monitor fades on, I see the windows user login screen. How do I access my bios as my computer is starting up? I've tried the DEL key, it's used for Emachines. Could it be the monitor?

Unplug the keyboard. You should get a keyboard error asking you to press some key to enter BIOS.

I tried unplugging the keyboard, didn't work unfortunately. I'm starting to think my computer has a mind of its own and doesn't want to be restored.

is your keyboard USB or PS\2? I have seen alot of USB keyboards that dont work during boot. if it is USB connected try another keyoard that is PS\2 or get a USB>PS\2 adapter.

Why does it take so long for the monitor to fade on,that doesn't seem right,has it always done that.Are you pressing DEL as soon as you switch on or waiting for the monitor to come on.Is there a reason for wanting to enter the BIOS,you said something about not wanting to be restored.

I'm reading it like Peterdiva, I think. The computer is booting up but the monitor is taking so long to come on that you are already on the Windows login screen by the time it warms up. It sounds like a bad monitor. That said, you don't have to wait for the monitor to fade on to hit the Del key. Hit it a few times early (estimate) and by the time the monitor comes on you should be in the BIOS. Things are still going on even though the monitor isn't on to display it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back