TechSpot

I can't figure out whats wrong with comp, i need some help

By jezvaon
Jul 26, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I plug in my power supply (this is without pressing the power button on my case) all the fans in the computer turn on also the hard disk LED is on but the power LED is not. The light on the motherboard that says it has power turns on. Nothing else happens and I have no idea what is causing this problem.

I tested the power supply and everything there seems good.
    I switched the processor and MB and I still get the same result
    Also tried a different power supply and still got the same problem
    When this problem first happened the processor that was in the computer got fried

I have no idea what is wrong, any help would be great.
  2. desisunnyboy

desisunnyboy Newcomer, in training

i think it's the motherboard

because mortherboard fried your CPU and might be causing this problems.
  3. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

In all likelyhood your motherboard is damaged. Try resetting your BIOS by shorting the CMOS jumper or removing the motherboard battery. Then try and start the system without RAM. Your motherboard should immediately start beeping, if it does not then it's likely that your motherboard has failed as it doesnt even reach the memory check during POST.

It could also be possible that your power on switch is broken, be sure to unplug everything but the power supply when testing the motherboard.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.