I cant find my installation directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek250

hi im looking for my installation directory and i cant find it under the c drive in program files would it be somewere else? and if so how would i find it. thanks

installation directory for what?

some programs will install in your user profile (C:\Users\<username>\Application Data\ or C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data) or in the Program Data directory (hidden - C:\ProgramData\)

These directories also depend on your version of Windows (ie XP does not use some of them)

if it has installed in Program Files, it may be in a folder named the same as the publisher. For example if it is an EA game, the folder may be called EA Games.

What game is it? Maybe we can find the default directory. Is there any reason why you need to find it?

its a sid mirers game from firaxis games but thats not there...and i would like to find it because im trying to play a downloaded game.

Click Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs. Carefully look through the list. Do you see the program listed as an entry??? (it should normally be listed in Add/Remove if it's still installed). If you find the entry, i'll tell you what to do next

it's ok i found it...and this computer doesnt have the system requirements...wish mine was fixed lol but i can do that later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back