I can't get battlefield1942 graphics to work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PotNa69

eLLo Fellas,

I bought this game bout 10 days ago..installed it, everything starts up jus fine..then it takes 10 mins to load this game..then when its finally done, the graphics are all blured.. its black n light blue...n cant play fer Ne thing..i would appriciate ne kind of help at all,thnx.

Ok, can you give us your specs? Your video card, RAM, Hard Drive, PSU etc.?
EDIT: Where are my manners? Welcome to Techspot! :wave:

=)

hey, thnx fer the greetings.
I find this site veryinteresting, n all the members here seem to be so helpfull

I got:

3200+ amd antholon xp processor
512mg pc2700
200 gb 7200rpm ultra dma harddrive

cdrom 28x max

integrated graphics w/64 mb shared w/ video memory

processor speed 2.20 GHz
512 kb
L2 cache

high speed usb 2.0

if there is Ne other info that you may need plz ask, =D

I dunno if your integrated graphics can cut it on that game. I just had to buy a new graphics card myself for Half Life 2, and my integrated graphics was a 128mb radeon x300. Any chance of going for an upgrade?

Ha, thats a bummer, i've been wanting to play this game fer a while... i doubt i'll be getting that upgrade, i dont have ne extra money to spend, im about to start up boot camp soon and livin right now unemployed:| ha, but..you know of ne thing downloadable by any chance that might get my graphics card to maybe cope w/ this game?
thnx again .

There's this thread here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic19194.html
And this one: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic46715.html
but they seem to be the only ones that don't have the response "get a new graphics card" There was one a while back where I'm sure someone told him to download something that would help, but do you think I can find it when I need it? :mad: :haha: You can get a pretty good graphics card for less than $100 on newegg, but I'm not pushing or anything. It's a pity as well 'cause the rest of your system is good.

Your integrated graphics may not have the TnL requirements for the game, so you need a new graphics card. I can recommend a really cheap one for you if you want...what motherboard do you have?

Ya, i remember buying that game when it first came out n it had the same problem w/ my old computer, and no that my mom bought a real nice comp. fer herself i thought that that game might work for this computer no problem...i wont be able to play this game unfortunantly now , i got a BiG fine on new years, and no extra money at all for a graphics card cuz i barly have enough fer this fine, but thnx fer ur help. . . . alth0..i tried troubleshooting all my graphics on this computer n found out that my direct x is not as updated as it should and it said it may cause some problems...i've been looking fer this disk to re-install it but couldn't find it..you think maybe this might be the problem??...

--- Sw123, hey, i would like to know how i would be able to get a cheeep graphics card , cuz then maybe i could get my mom to swindle in some money to get herself a graphics card that could help me out, and for the motherboard question, ..im not sure how to figure out what kind i have, know how i could figure it out :| ??

thnx again fer ur help guys, apriciate it all =D

To figure out your motherboard type, brand, model, etc., talk to the computer manufacturer. They can also give you a good graphics card. I have some recommendations here at a good price:

AGP 4x/8x video card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130262

PCI graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814139166

PCI-E 16x video

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130260

All less than $100 :)

For the DirectX problem, what DirectX version do you have?The game requires DirectX 8.1, so anything lower will cause problems.

Welcome To Techspot
Just a suggestion it probably wont work but have you tried updating your game with the latest patch?
Chris

Ha THis MIGHT doo the trick, my directx sais its a 9.0..but it sais itsthe older version n might cause some problems...maybe this might patch it up n might work ..heh..thnx fer the link..i tried downloading all kindsa patches fer this game n they never seem to work when i try installin em .. hmm...:p thnx th0 m8

ahh !! another problem jus occured while downloading that direct x!!! ..it downloaded till like 83% or so..n then it had an error saying it wouldn't complete fer some reason:|:|:|:|:|...o wells...thnx fer ur help ne ways bud.

ha..paranoid guy..i regret what i did..but on new years...i was havin some Pr0blems after taking an hour trip to visit g'f..i thought she was dishonest n was pissed off @ everythin..so i drove an hour back to my friends lil bonfire ..n had a beer n couple sips of jack D's..then took my drunken buddies home n left back to myplace ..then while on my way to my place...i found a pack of CiGgs...n decided to smoke one, i pulled one out w/ my mouth..n fer some MEssEd up reason..i hapen to have picked up the lucky ciggaret of somones pack unknowingly..n lit it..couple secs later my face started burnin n triped me out..n droped it on my lap ..then accidentaly swirved a bit when tryna pick it up and that very second ..a lil bastard cop was rightthere n i passed all his lil tests n blew a .055...:| since imma minor..19..i got a duI..no fun @ all i regret it..learned my lesson..n now im jobless, licensless..gameless ...hah..but..i was perfect to drive or i wouldn't of drivin @ all..:p heh...

by the way..ne tips on how to get direct x updated w/o the disk..my moms lost it:|

hah...my ex was ireland..n all she did was talk about it ha!...irelands one of my top places to visit tho..heh imma try d'l threw that website..hopefully somethin turns out..all i want to do is play this damn game hah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back