I cant get fear to load up on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well i have this high end game for my pc called fear and i just gotten it and installed it and have all the necessary requirements but the only little problem I am facing is that when it tried loading the game up it has a mesage popping up telling me that it is unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode.

I dont understand it but I hope someone can tell me what they mean so I can get this game playing and would appreciate it alot for the help.

my specs are

radeon 9550
512 megs of ram space
120 gig hardrive
microsoft windows xp professional
intel pentium 4 processor cpu 2.20 ghz
Direct x9.0c
and a sound card thats a c media wave device

technically I asked someone at circuit city that works there and knows about computers totally and he said fear would work on my pc cuz I showed him my specs on paper and he told me it would work fine its just I would run into some minor problems and I guess this is one of them.

to be honest im not even sure if that graphics card is supported, even if it is its the bare minimum that this game needs and well you really need a new card if your gonna play this game. I know someone who had a slightly better card than that and he could only just run the game with all settings turned to off or low, basically not worth playing.

Buddy, I admit FEAR rocks, but I think u'll hate it with that card (I played it with the Radeon 9800 pro, and it wasn't all that well)
I dono how good that guy at circuit city is, but I do think he's wrong.

And anyways, if u're going to play games on that scale I think u should try and upgrade...things will work, but not all too well.

Neowizard

A new video card is definitely needed. FEAR is probably the most graphic-intensive game out in the market at this moment. Even at the lowest setting with every detail or FPS-lowering option off, I still have doubts that the game will run at all. You might look into more RAM as well. Newer games these days need at least 1GB of RAM, some even wants 2GB to run smoothly (e.g., Battlefield 2).

i just bought F.E.A.R. from direct2drive downloaded it installed it and when i click on the fear icon it just says 'unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode' im confused plz help

my specs are microsoft windows xp home edition version 2002 service pack 2

intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz
1.69GHz 1.00GB of ram

video chip: intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics contoller
chip type: intel(R) 82845G Graphics controller

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Start by going HERE and checking that your system is actually capable of playing the game.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Your system can't play that game. You video card (integrated) is beyond garbage. Your CPU is beyond garbage. Your amount of RAM is good. So a CPU upgrade and a GPU upgrade seem to be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back