TechSpot

I can't get my sound to work from my tv tuner

By REB_ElMagnifico
Jan 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a DFI LAN PARTY UT nF3 250Gb MB with an integrated sound card and I purchased a WinFast 2000 TV Tuner. All sound works properly except from the tv tuner. I am sure I am just doing something wrong and it probably has something to do with my connections...if I connect the wire from the tv tuner to the "speakers" pins on the motherboard, nothing happens. If I go from the tv tuner to the "cd audio" pins on the mb I get sound, but it is full of static, so I am assuming that it isn't suppose to go there (maybe I am wrong). And I can't find any other place the connector can go on the mb. A picture of the mb can be found on the DFI website.

Any ideas???

thanks
    Ryan
  2. REB_ElMagnifico

REB_ElMagnifico Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 32

update on situation

I just wanted to update my situation...
    I went to the winfast website and after searching quite a while on their unorganized support page I found a FAQ that said to use the cd audio pins on the motherboard if that is all it has. So I guess I have that in the right place, but I still have so much static that I can hardly hear the tv program.
    Is this software related, or is it a lame tv tuner? Oh one more thing, since I just pieced my computer together I am using 2 speakers that are years old and are the epitome of lame. Could this have anything to do with it?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.