I can't get rid of Google Redirect Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried every forum, installed every spyware scanner I could get. Removed IE 8, installed Firefox and Safari, but all 3 still exhibit symptoms of Redirect Virus. They are now also popping up new, tabs/pages.

I am attaching my hijackthis.log

Can anyone help me get rid of this malware?

Delete or fix this entry in the hijackthis log:
"O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E21715ED-63CB-4EDA-8AD7-9F356312DF92}: NameServer = 204.130.255.3,209.63.0.6"...

Run the ESET online Scanner:
ESET Scanner

Thats a legit entry, don't fix it.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

[CENTER]
RC1.png
[/CENTER]

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

RC2-1.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt log in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back