I cant install on linux - im a total n00b please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samputer

Hi
Guys im trying to install the drivers for the Sagem Fast 800 modem onto linux - i dont mind which distribution whatsoever although Arklinux would be most appreciated

To be honest i am getting increasingly bored of MS windows and Bill Gates trying to screw yet more money from the average computer user

also cud anyu of you plz tell me anything about installing linux on an IBM thinkpad i have no idea tbh and does it dramattically affect the battery life of the machine etc

any help would be greatly appreciated as i cannot seem to find any elsewhere

Samputer

I felt the same way and tried Ubuntu. After a few weeks of not being able to get drivers and programs to work I went back to Windows but have a dual boot with Ubuntu although I rarely use it. ANyway, good luck with Linux. Here is one of the best forums I've seen for tech support regarding Linux. They should have all the answers you need in the forums.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/

Thanx!

Thanks that looks gr8 - will install ASAP and yeah ur right - windows dpoes have its advantages over alternative OSs so maybe ill dual-boot it too, Thanks again, will post after recieve the free CD (because ive got a problem with my broadband) and let you know how it went this may take a while lol

Thanks once again

Your friendly neighbourhood Samputer

Thanx Fastco - just managed to get everything installed (i think) and everything seems to be working gr8 - gotta say ubuntu is the best distro ive yet come across thanks so much!

Samputer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back