TechSpot

I can't more load WIN XP in a NORMAL way... SOS/HELP, Please !!!

By franklogus
Jul 24, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have 02 HDs in my PC, and my system is with a strange problem... Yesterday, I had one problem with the initialization of my PC (it was making the CHDSK of my SECUNDARY HD every time that I had to boot the Windows - and it NEVER found ANYTHING wrong ... it was a waste of time, but, anyways, except this problem, the overall system was working well until this moment).
    I am not an expert on PC; so, I tried to load Win XP on "Security mode" (with my MAIN HD="boot" HD), but it didnt work all the times that I tried (I was not able to load the "safe mode" - strange ...).
    As this option didnt work, after (inside Windows), I used "msconfig" to change the boot settings : I choose the second option "DIANOSTIC INITIALIZATION - Load ONLY basic devices and services... OUCH!!! I am VERY regretful about this choice... After this moment, my WIN XP PRO do not more load in a "NORMAL WAY" (I cant connect to internet because my network connections "disappeared"; my sound card "disappeared", etc... But some programs works; so, I guess that my system is loading as if it is ALWAYS in a "security mode" (but the black screen, which is characteristic of security mode, not appears - The visual is identic the Win XP...), because some properties of my hardware are disabled ("disappeared").
    Another odd problem is that I cannot more to make any "restore system" (it is disabled, also - The system "says me" that THERE IS NO RESTORE POINTS TO USE)... Its very, very strange !! And my MAIN HD is new !!!!
    I installed WIN XP PRO again (MAIN HD), but the problem keeps on, unfortunatelly ...
    Please, I need some light over this problem !!! I think I have have lost some fundamental configuration ...
    THANKS A LOT FOR ANY HELP!!!

PS: I am using my secundary HD to boot (Thanks GOD its working "so so"), thats how I can to connect to internet. Anyways, I need to fix this problem and use my MAIN HD in a normal way ...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.