I cant overclock - Help i m stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehacker

Afraid of dangers involved in OC i tried it on my old PC running P3 600Mhz with 128 MB RAM. I cahnged the BIOS settings to OC. But the is no effect. Whatever may be the settings i used in the BIOS, no changes happen. FSB remains 133 and multiplier 4.5. I changed FSB to 133 and multiplier to 11 but no change. then multiplier to 3 again no change.wat may be the reason behind this? is my procedure to overclock is right? or i m missing something?
plz help

ohh......now after numurous experiments i marked that changing bus speed changes the spped but changing multiplier doesnt affect my system...wat may be the problem with the multipliers? are they LOCKED?

and wat about my new pc Pent D 2.8? whenever i change back to UN-overclocked settings my OS becomes corrupt? any reason for that?

multipliers are usually locked, especially in old cpu's like the p3

some processors out there have unlocked multipliers but not many as far as i can remember

as for the pentium d thing i don't know about that, sorry :)

Daveskater said:
multipliers are usually locked, especially in old cpu's like the p3

some processors out there have unlocked multipliers but not many as far as i can remember

as for the pentium d thing i don't know about that, sorry :)
its ok.thanks for ur help

the hacker i have a pentium d 3.2 ghz and it is possible to overclock. The max speed you could overclock yours without watercooling is probaly to 3.0ghz. with water cooling probaly up to 3.6ghz.

Try a program like clockgen. Read the website manual and find out what your motherboard is.

clockgen is easy to use and is easy for begginers.
My processor i can overclock it to 3.8ghz+watercooling.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back