I can't run games...please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m facing problem in my system, I can’t run any 3d games like Medal of
Honor or Delta Force or like this games.
When I try to run it, the screen just flashing & came back to the
desktop, or some of them give me error like: “Could not find any compatible
Direct3D devices.”
------------------
System Information:
------------------
Operating System: Windows 2000 P, Service Pack 4
System Model: EA81520A
Processor: Intel Pentium III processor, ~1.0GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Display Devices:NVIDIA Vanta Model 64
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Please advice…Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download the latest drivers for your vidiocard.

What version of DirectX do you have?

Which games are you having problems with? Check the system requirements for them.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I'm fairly sure the problem is the card itself, not the drivers. I researched the card as best I could, and what little information I found about it (the "vanta" line was short-lived for Nvidia, apparently) just told me that it was a very low-end graphics card.

If I had to make an assumption, I would say that your card doesn't support Direct3D, which means that you won't be able to play any of those 3D games with it. Also, Medal of Honor and other games like that will be very slow and choppy on your system as it is now (with only 1Ghz processing power and 256MB RAM).

My advice: if you want to solve the immediate problem--not being able to even start any games--buy a new graphics card, something cheap like a Radeon 9600 Pro, which are on eBay for under $60 in most cases. If you want to solve the long-term problem--having an inadequate system to play 3D games in general--I would just buy a whole new system.

However, I'm basically sure that with the video card you have right now, you won't be able to play any of those 3D games.

-JustinPS

I agree. Its sad to say but with todays ever progressing technologies, you cant keep a system with out upgrading it for more then a year or 2. The p-III 256mb of ram and the Gfx card (which i have never heard from) is not going to run newer 3-d game smoothly if at all. I would second the 9600 for a light gamer, just make sure you have the correct slot for it.

Good Luck
Sean

Thanks for your reply

Just I need to add:
Before formating my system, every thing it was OK (all the 3D games it was working perfectly) & I did not face like those problems before and the same operating sys before and now.
What happen after the Win2000Pro Re-Installation…? I don’t know.

Thanks for All.
:giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back