I can't seem to download my drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this computer last january for $100 off my brother's friend. It's a couple years old but has been working decently, however, there were some nagging issues (page fault blue screens, etc) and today I asked my brother to reformat the hard drive. I am not in any way technically inclined - I know NOTHING about computers - but he's usually pretty good with them.

So, he did his thing and now I can't get my video card updated. I don't know exactly what's wrong...I can play video games, but I'm stuck forever in 800x600 resolution (it's some kind of annoying, I'll tell you what!). Once upon a time, when I had to download new drivers, I ran dxdiag to figure out which I needed, then I downloaded and successfully installed them from the "SiS650 & SiS740 series". Now, when I run dxdiag, it does not tell me which video card I have installed at all, and when I try to download the SiS650 drivers they will not install. It claims the card does not exist.

Everest tells me that my video adaptor is SiS 330 Mirage Integrated (and it says "GPU code name" is Mirage SiS741.) at this link on the forums, the instructions given require a CD from the motherboard. however, like I said, I bought this computer used and I don't have a motherboard CD. Everest says that my motherboard is "Foxconn K7S741MG-6L", but the Foxconn website is not helpful at all.

My brother has about given up on the computer and if he does I'll be stuck with this forever, so any help or instructions you can give would be GREATLY appreciated.

There is a sis 741 amongst these HERE Don`t know if that helps.

If you successfully installed the drivers previously,it`s probably just a case of keep trying until something works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back