By saoulis8181
Feb 11, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i got
    3500+ amd cpu
    asus av8 motherboard
    and maxtor 160 mb
    the problem is that when im trying 2 setup win xp sp2 and im loading motherboard's sata drivers from A: its not loading these files
    viasraid.sys
    viasraid.inf
    viasraid.cat
    it says retry or skip this file or quit setup
    if i skip them an error blue page appears!!
    its really annoing, i would be gratefull i u show me sollution.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

ensure your memory sticks are compatible with your motherboard. ASUS based boards are very picky about memory and windows will not install if the memory is incompatible, so RTFM.

3. saoulis8181

saoulis8181 TS Rookie Topic Starter

me again

well, thanks for answering but i dont think thats the problem because the windows was working on this pc, i reinstal windows cause i had problems with a virus, i think that the broblem is with the drivers!!! still dono what 2 do.

4. Neowizard

Neowizard TS Rookie Posts: 23

from the sound of things ur disk is in a bad shape...way too bad to be used actually.
    u need to get urself a new CD (u already got the license and CD-key from the old one, so just get one from a friend or something). That should make it all nice and EZ

Hope it'll work for ya
    Neowizard

P.S: You'd be better posting this on the right forum (windows OS I presume), u'll get much more (and better) replays

5. blue_dragon

blue_dragon TS Rookie Posts: 278

By the name of the drivers, it seems to me that you are trying to install RAID
    Why dont you try one hard drive at a time without RAID and then when you have successfully installed XP you can set up RAID

6. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

Agree with Blue_Dragon. That will solve your install problem or expose the cause.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.