I changed the drive name and messed my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i boguth a new pc, its a 2.6 ghz dual core processor. but none of that important. it runs on xp and it has 2 hard drives. one called C (the main one) and the 2nd on called E. when i tried to install any programs it would say invalid drive G. so i googled the problem foudn a site and it told me to chnage the drive names. so i chanegd the names and i restarted. nwo my pc wont boot because i changed drive c name to drive g and drive g to drive c. please help me wiht this porblem. i spent 3 thousand on this pc and dotn want to spend any more. thanks. btw i cant boot in safe mode either. i cant boot up at all it just gets stuck at the windows xp screen.

Try booting into safe mode pressing F8 a few times before the boot error occurs... right click on My Computer and select Manage, Disk Management. Select the drive that used to be C and put it back as the C boot drive. The other disk doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is mounted and active. If this fails, you may have to reinstall Windows

Disconnect all the drives, first turn off and uplug the system. Just connect the C: drive you call G: the rest keep them unplug for now. Let the system see the C: drive for C. Once that is done then shutdown and connect the second HD which should be D:. Boot into Windows and make sure it is seen by Windows.. Next connect any optical drive CD or DVD. Make sure in the BIOS these drives are showing up correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back