I could use some computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHaDoWTyRanT

PC VIRUS?!?!?!?

I live with my brother and mom. My mother helps support us by selling on ebay and other antiques. Recently my brother went downstairs and on her computer and to some gaming site. When my mom came home she couldn't open any window without it instantly shutting the program down. the only exception to this is the task manager. also when the programs close after opening them it seems that the bottom right part of the start menu(where current processes are running) disappear and then reappear one at a time as if they were shut down and restarted aswell. I could despairately use some help as this is dependant on my life. Thank you.

Sounds like a virus. Can you boot into safemode. If you can, run Housecall (an online virus scanner). If that doesn't urn up anything, then you might want to try Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D. Do you have a firewall? That would probably be a good addition to help keep virii out. There are many good free ones.

edit: And you should change the title to reflect the topic.

i couldn't get some plug in to get it to work can u give me another anti virus? i am downloading spybot and ad aware though

You could try AVG ( it's free). It's pretty reliable. It's good that you can work in safe-mode... it makes it much easier to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back