TechSpot

i couldn't double click drive c: cannot find file FS6519.dll.vbs

By kabali1
Mar 11, 2007
  1. i did an online scan (bitdefender) just to see if there are some problems that my av (avast) and my antispyware (spybot and ad-aware) missed. i then found out that that the file FS6519.dll.vbs was infected with a worm. the online scanner couldn't clean or delete the file so i searched the internet for advice on how to clean it. i stumbled on to this forum and downloaded AVGAS and quarantined the worm. but afterward, i found out that even though the worm was quarantined, flash disks inserted still acquired the worm, so in irritation, i just deleted it. after deleting the file from both my computer and my flash disk, i then found that i couldn't double click either the flash disk or drive c. again searching for the solution, i have formatted my flash disk and can now double click it from the my computer window. BUT, i couldn't double click drive c. i read the post of jhae and the subsequent solution, but i couldn't follow it...

i have attached my HJT and AVGAS logs... i've just reread the viruses/spyware/malware instructions so i didn't know about combofix... sorry..

oh, and i'm sorry i haven't filled the computer specs in my profile yet... i've downloaded siw but my non-technical mind couldn't decipher it... i'm using a dell inspiron b120 and to the best of my knowledge, nothing of the hardware has been has been changed. :p hope that helps... i'll try to reread the siw of my computer when i have the time...

thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

FS6519.dll.vbs is a flashdrive worm

your log looks clean. although howard will most likely look at it too.
    you can fix these with hijack this by placing a tick in the corresponding box and selecting fix

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)missing).

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Your HJT log is clean.

For your FS6519.dll.vbs problem, do the following.

Download this TOOL. Extract it and run the Noob_kill.

Let us know if it helped.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kabali1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

4. kabali1

kabali1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks!

noob killer fixed the problem! thanks so much! thank you too, tomrca for replying to my post :p i tried to do that first but hijackthis scares me; it's still new to me and i still have to explore and read about it :p

THANKS!

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

That`s great news and thanks for the feedback.

I only discovered the removal tool very recently and didn`t actually know if it`d work or not. Now I know it works, it does away with the need for the rather cumbersome and complicated manual removal method. The tool was written by a guy called Leerz, so it`s thanks to him, that this infection is now so easy to get rid of.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kabali1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.