I couldn't double click drive c: cannot find file FS6519.dll.vbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did an online scan (bitdefender) just to see if there are some problems that my av (avast) and my antispyware (spybot and ad-aware) missed. I then found out that that the file FS6519.dll.vbs was infected with a worm. the online scanner couldn't clean or delete the file so I searched the internet for advice on how to clean it. I stumbled on to this forum and downloaded AVGAS and quarantined the worm. but afterward, I found out that even though the worm was quarantined, flash disks inserted still acquired the worm, so in irritation, I just deleted it. after deleting the file from both my computer and my flash disk, I then found that I couldn't double click either the flash disk or drive c. again searching for the solution, I have formatted my flash disk and can now double click it from the my computer window. BUT, I couldn't double click drive c. I read the post of jhae and the subsequent solution, but I couldn't follow it...

I have attached my HJT and AVGAS logs... I've just reread the viruses/spyware/malware instructions so I didn't know about combofix... sorry..

oh, and I'm sorry I haven't filled the computer specs in my profile yet... I've downloaded siw but my non-technical mind couldn't decipher it... I'm using a dell inspiron b120 and to the best of my knowledge, nothing of the hardware has been has been changed. :p hope that helps... I'll try to reread the siw of my computer when I have the time...

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Report-Scan-20070311-232944.txt
    510 bytes · Views: 5
FS6519.dll.vbs is a flashdrive worm

your log looks clean. although howard will most likely look at it too.
you can fix these with hijack this by placing a tick in the corresponding box and selecting fix

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)missing).

Your HJT log is clean.

For your FS6519.dll.vbs problem, do the following.

Download this TOOL. Extract it and run the Noob_kill.

Let us know if it helped.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kabali1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks!

noob killer fixed the problem! thanks so much! thank you too, tomrca for replying to my post :p i tried to do that first but hijackthis scares me; it's still new to me and i still have to explore and read about it :p

THANKS!

That`s great news and thanks for the feedback.

I only discovered the removal tool very recently and didn`t actually know if it`d work or not. Now I know it works, it does away with the need for the rather cumbersome and complicated manual removal method. The tool was written by a guy called Leerz, so it`s thanks to him, that this infection is now so easy to get rid of.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kabali1 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back