TechSpot

I cut my window at last:)

By Rik
Dec 28, 2006
  1. Title says it really. Here is a pic for anyone that is interested.
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the poor picture quality but i only have a cheapo webcam.

It's not finished by a long shot yet as I intend to fit probably 2 fans and, if possible, make a reservoir out of it too. As in the window being one side of the reservoir.

2. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 385

That looks awesome!

While on a topic of windows, I need advice. What do you use to cut the metal so perfectly? And do you use plexiglass or....? Thanks!

3. Rik

Rik Banned Topic Starter Posts: 3,814

I used a jigsaw with a fine blade as it was aluminium to cut the metal and the clear acrylic. That pic makes the cuts look a little better than they are but I'm very pleased with the result as it wont require very much sanding to get it looking perfect.:)

If you have an aluminium case panel like me then get it as cold as you possibly can and it will cut easier.

Also, use a fair bit of oil to keep the blade well lubricated.

4. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +7

good job rik....

it looks real nice :)

5. Rik

I just had an idea that i think could look very good.

I'm thinking of masking up a design on my window then spraying it with a very thin coat of white spray paint so that it is just visible then back-lighting it with my UV tube. Problem is, i have no idea what design. So any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

Do the Biohazard symbol... I have that on the side window of my case and it looks great.

7. Rik

A nice idea as i have 2 biohazard fan grills, but i was hopimg to do something a little more original (no offense meant).
    I guess im the kind of person that wants my pc to be unique really.

Having said that, it is a good idea and i will certainly keep it in mind. Thanx MetalX.:)
    I'd love to see a pic or 2 of your case if you have any at hand.:)

8. XxLairdxX

XxLairdxX TS Rookie Posts: 33

i have a kickass X with void around it's got a green LED fan right behind it so it glows

9. Rik

Cool!:) Got any pic's of it??

10. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Guru Posts: 465

very cool work there buddz,

gl

11. MetalX

Lol, I would be too embarrassed to show my case right now... I've got Cables of the Living Dead in my computer :)

12. Rik

Well now you have a good excuse to sort all the wires out and take a pic MetalX!!:D

13. MetalX

Oh, no... now I've dug myself into a hole here :D

14. Rik

Big enough for all the wires!! :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.