I cut my window at last:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Title says it really. Here is a pic for anyone that is interested.
newwindow.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality but i only have a cheapo webcam.

It's not finished by a long shot yet as I intend to fit probably 2 fans and, if possible, make a reservoir out of it too. As in the window being one side of the reservoir.

That looks awesome!

While on a topic of windows, I need advice. What do you use to cut the metal so perfectly? And do you use plexiglass or....? Thanks!

I used a jigsaw with a fine blade as it was aluminium to cut the metal and the clear acrylic. That pic makes the cuts look a little better than they are but I'm very pleased with the result as it wont require very much sanding to get it looking perfect.:)

If you have an aluminium case panel like me then get it as cold as you possibly can and it will cut easier.

Also, use a fair bit of oil to keep the blade well lubricated.

I just had an idea that i think could look very good.

I'm thinking of masking up a design on my window then spraying it with a very thin coat of white spray paint so that it is just visible then back-lighting it with my UV tube. Problem is, i have no idea what design. So any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do the Biohazard symbol... I have that on the side window of my case and it looks great.

A nice idea as i have 2 biohazard fan grills, but i was hopimg to do something a little more original (no offense meant).
I guess im the kind of person that wants my pc to be unique really.

Having said that, it is a good idea and i will certainly keep it in mind. Thanx MetalX.:)
I'd love to see a pic or 2 of your case if you have any at hand.:)

rik said:
A nice idea as i have 2 biohazard fan grills, but i was hopimg to do something a little more original (no offense meant).
I guess im the kind of person that wants my pc to be unique really.

Having said that, it is a good idea and i will certainly keep it in mind. Thanx MetalX.:)
I'd love to see a pic or 2 of your case if you have any at hand.:)
Lol, I would be too embarrassed to show my case right now... I've got Cables of the Living Dead in my computer :)

Well now you have a good excuse to sort all the wires out and take a pic MetalX!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back