TechSpot

I cut my window at last:)

By Rik
Dec 28, 2006
  1. Title says it really. Here is a pic for anyone that is interested.
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the poor picture quality but i only have a cheapo webcam.

It's not finished by a long shot yet as I intend to fit probably 2 fans and, if possible, make a reservoir out of it too. As in the window being one side of the reservoir.

2. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 507

That looks awesome!

While on a topic of windows, I need advice. What do you use to cut the metal so perfectly? And do you use plexiglass or....? Thanks!

3. Rik

Rik Banned Topic Starter Posts: 4,985

I used a jigsaw with a fine blade as it was aluminium to cut the metal and the clear acrylic. That pic makes the cuts look a little better than they are but I'm very pleased with the result as it wont require very much sanding to get it looking perfect.:)

If you have an aluminium case panel like me then get it as cold as you possibly can and it will cut easier.

Also, use a fair bit of oil to keep the blade well lubricated.

4. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

good job rik....

it looks real nice :)

5. Rik

I just had an idea that i think could look very good.

I'm thinking of masking up a design on my window then spraying it with a very thin coat of white spray paint so that it is just visible then back-lighting it with my UV tube. Problem is, i have no idea what design. So any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Do the Biohazard symbol... I have that on the side window of my case and it looks great.

7. Rik

A nice idea as i have 2 biohazard fan grills, but i was hopimg to do something a little more original (no offense meant).
    I guess im the kind of person that wants my pc to be unique really.

Having said that, it is a good idea and i will certainly keep it in mind. Thanx MetalX.:)
    I'd love to see a pic or 2 of your case if you have any at hand.:)

8. XxLairdxX

XxLairdxX TS Rookie Posts: 65

i have a kickass X with void around it's got a green LED fan right behind it so it glows

9. Rik

Cool!:) Got any pic's of it??

10. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Maniac Posts: 518

very cool work there buddz,

gl

11. MetalX

Lol, I would be too embarrassed to show my case right now... I've got Cables of the Living Dead in my computer :)

12. Rik

Well now you have a good excuse to sort all the wires out and take a pic MetalX!!:D

13. MetalX

Oh, no... now I've dug myself into a hole here :D

14. Rik

Big enough for all the wires!! :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.