I disabled the USB now keyboard and mouse don`t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first post! I joined because I'm currently experiencing problems with my PC. I have Dell Precision 380. I disabled the USB devise in the Devise Manager. I forgot that my mouse and keyboard are in USB. Now they wont work. When I restart the computer I cant log in because the mouse and keyboard wont work. I got USB to PS/2 adapters to plug them to PS/2 but still they wont work. At startup it says KEYBOARD ERROR when I plug to PS/2. Please help! Thanks!

Try getting into the bios on boot up and re enable USB there. also make sure that your PS\2 is enabled.

Still on USB

thanks for the reply. i almost planned on reinstalling windows, but before i did, i tried using a ps/2 keyboard (not a usb keyboard with a usb-to-ps/2 adapter which i did when i posted this problem) and it worked! what a relief, =). i enabled usb2 afterwards and things are back to normal with my usb keyboard and mouse.

i intially disabled usb2 when windows explorer started not to open my usb flash disk. this is still my problem now. this problem started when i installed vmware. the vmware can open the flash disk inside the guest OS, but not in the host OS. any ideas? i think it may have something to do with the autodetect function. it was turned off when i installed vmware, and now i can't figure out how to turn it back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back