TechSpot

I don't know nothin'

By bill_Edwards
Jun 8, 2007
  1. I don't know nothin' but reading here is changing that rapidly.

Please have a little patience with me and answer my boring questions about ancient machines with slow processors (like the question posted currently in overclocking moding and cooling ]which everyone seems to be ignoring (See "pentium upgrade blah blah..>fan stopped"))

Did I hear someone say "What's in it for me?" That's a fair question. Would you believe a place in heaven? Not buying that? How about helping an old timer change careers? I'm almost there! Stay with me and you'll hear an interesting tale (maybe the basis for a game). In my first tech job my boss came to me after about two weeks and said I was making a tremendous effort however "you don't know nothin'" and I got laid off. But I had absorbed lots of "AHAH" moments when A+ & MCSE book concepts jelled so on my second tech job it was a full month and a half before my boss who had hired me came to me and said we really like your skill in dealing with difficult customers but "you don't know nothin' and I got pink slipped. But now I was full of myself and tried for a job way beyond my skill level AND LANDED IT and I also lasted a month and a half before they told me they really liked me and my efforts but "you don't know nothing" Well how many of you know which debug command will give you this output?

AX=0000 BX=0000 CX=0000 DX=0000 SP=FFEE BP=0000 SI=0000 DI=0000
    DS=0B01 ES=0B01 SS=0B01 CS=0B01 IP=0102 NV UP EI PL NZ NA PO NC
    0B01:0102 49 DEC CX

Tough one? That's because you don't know nothin'

For the answer read my post mentioned above

Thanks in advance for your help

2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello bill_Edwards and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Hi, how are U?

5. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Nice to meet you!

Hope you do learn something!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.