I don't know what is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

twite

Ok, so..my computer works perfectly fine for about 45 minutes-3 hours and then, i will be IM'ing someone (generally AIM), and my type will start typing backward in a middle of a conversation. like if i typed hello, it would show up as olleh...and i have to use the delete button to delete anything, rather then the backspace. Also, when i try to drag a screen, it start violently twitching, and at that point my computer becomes uncontrollable, forcing me to restart via button. Upon reboot..everything works perfectly..

could a program called themida be doing it? It is something that starts up every boot and i have no idea what it is.

obviously you have a trojan or virus. Run the appropriate tests. Also IM's are great conduits for viri.

Hi

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps to cleaning your computer.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.
The logs will enable us to understand that much more about the problems on your system.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of twite only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I knew it was some sort of virus, but i have scanned with hjt in safe mode and system hidden files on..and didn't see anything suspicious. I have also scanned with spybot, avg, ad-aware, zonealarm..and nothing. I think i will format after thinking about it..a couple weeks a guy asked me for my AIM to discuss something i was selling on ebay. He tried to direct connect..and i immediately shut off my comp. Anyway..if i change my mind, i will post a fresh HJT log. Thanks for the help

I see.

Have you tried ComboFix? It detects just about everything; and may I add that HijackThis is not a cure-all ;)

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of twite only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Doing a format should certainly get rid of anything nasty you have on your system.

However, if you`d like to post the requested log files, we can at least look to see if there`s anything untoward on your system and hopefully, get rid of it. As an aside. I`ve never heard of your particular problem and would be very interested to find out what malware(if any) is responsible.

Regards Howard :)

If you have something as nasty as that in your system, its time to reformat. You can't trust your system to be clean now, even if some software says it has removed the threat. Your keystrokes could be being logged, there is software that watches out for credit card numbers, passwords, etc. Don't join the ranks of folks who have had their identity stolen - reformat now.

That`s very good advice Phantasm66. This thread HERE explains it nicely I think.

However, if the computer is only used for gaming, music etc and not for online banking, credit card use or storing sensitive information, then cleaning is an option to be considered.

I'd format anyway, regardless of the usage. You never know. If malware has taken hold, then its possible that it dialed home and installed other malware too. Basically, you have no idea what's on that machine now. I'd format immediately.

i'll post a log after school. I am going to format my HDD..i do a lot of stuff with ebay, paypal, and alot of buying and selling with credit cards. I will post a log for informative purposes.

Is there anyway i can create a list of all the music i have? If not ill just back it up. Thanks.

You have a few nasties in your HJT log, but nothing we can`t get rid of.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

This thread is for the use of twite only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok mate, thanks for letting us know and good luck with the format.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is for the use of twite only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back