i don't know what to do no more!! why such low speed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

animemanga

hi
it keeps on getting worse and worse each and every day . what is happening?? speed is very much decreased. now i have to wait 10 more sec than normal to open a homepage. i thought ZONE ALRAM was the problem but when i deleted it there's no difference. can any one please help?? here is my hjk log

Your HJT log is clean.

However, let HJT fix the following entries and see if that speeds up your system.

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

Click on the fix checked button.

You should also reinstall Zonealarm ASAP as running your system without a firewall is very dangerous.

Regards Howard :)

msconfig

go to start-->run-->msconfig
go to the start up tab and uncheck all those that seem unnecessary even the google toolbar

Do you have an ethernet card or is it on-board via the mobo?
If it is a seperate card, then remove it and clean the copper fingers and reinstall. (of course shut-dwn PC first).
My thinking is this: packets, packets and more packets. If you have noise problem (electrical) then the packets don't arrive correct. Your PC must send and resend them until finally a packet arrives all intact.

This could be a sign of a dieing modem or a dieing ethernet card or your ISP is about to pack-up and run out of town.

Cheers.

Check if its your ISP side or yours as well.. take a look for any programs downloading updates etc..

sorry for not reply for so long went away for somtime.
yes i have a feeling that my isp is playing around with a man who means business!!!. how come i used a 10.00 mbps connection pc and it was slightly slower than mine. and mine is suppose to be 100.00 mbps.

kirok i do have noise problem i can't use my pc without the next door pal noticing. am using a modem. any other ideals ??

How much RAM do you have? If you have lower than 256.00 MB, then its possible that integrated video is causing it. Is your video integrated? If not, try adding some RAM.

animemanga said:
how come i used a 10.00 mbps connection pc and it was slightly slower than mine. and mine is suppose to be 100.00 mbps.
It's 10 or 100 Mbps only from your network adapter to the modem. From there it's whatever you've ordered from your Internet service provider.

i do have noise problem i can't use my pc without the next door pal noticing. am using a modem.
An ADSL modem? In that case you'll need an ADSL filter.

kirok i do have noise problem i can't use my pc without the next door pal noticing
Stop shouting when you use the PC. But seriously, what do you mean. How does the neighbour know that you're on the PC? This interfers with his cable TV signal? You need to call your ISP and have a tech sent out.

If its noisy by what you mean that when you turn on the pc and the fans start spinning, then i think its time to give it a good dusting and maintainance.. its either that or investing in quieter pc components..

How is the status on your internet connection though?

it depends sometimes normall sometimes not normall. yea i also think it's the fans. but it never used to have this problem when i first bought it. i have tried my best to undust it but after few minutes of silence it restarts again.

You can get compressed air which is good for dusting at RadioShack or GameStop, but I'm pretty sure also at most electronics store.

they even sell it at walmart. BTW just b/c your network card is rated at 10/100, it wont run at 100MBPS, (unless your ISP supports SuperG which runs at 108MBPS, but not very many ISP's even offer it)

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back