I dont know whats wrong with the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to fix my friends computer he burnt out his motherboard so i put a new one in for him but when i turn the computer on it just goes to this screen and says something about the processor and says to hit DEL to setup so i did but it didnt work so i used a usb keyboard and it still didnt work i dont know what to do.

What mscrx said, plus how exactly did "burn out his motherboard"? What exactly happened? It could very well be that more than his motherboard was fried.

Extra

He burned out the south gate and the message just says the processor and what kind it is thats it i tried nothing it wont let me

well if the keyb doesn't work at all there might be some connectors not in the right place. can you switch on caps lock, num lock? does the post only display the cpu? what about memory check and drives?

when i try num lock it works sometimes but only once and awhile none of the other bottons work and i tryed unplugging everything and it didnt work i dont know what to do anymore

you should start again from scratch. pull everything out and back in one by one. and see how far you come. I guess there is more than just the old mobo damaged or something is not connected well. maybe try a different psu

I think so too but he says everything else is ok. so doing the re-build step by step will show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back